Prep: 15 mins
Cook: Low 7-8 hours, High 4-5 hours
Serving Size: 12
- 8 peeled and cored cooking apples (4 Granny Smith / 4 Golden delicious) cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons rum (I used whiskey, of course!)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Vanilla Ice Cream
Layer cut apples in the crock. Add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and tapioca and pour in the apple juice, lemon juice and rum/whiskey.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 - 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 - 5 hours.
Serve on top of vanilla ice cream and top with whip cream, toasted almonds and more cinnamon.
This was my first time making this recipe but def not my last!!! It was so easy to prepare and the perfect ending to the day!!
This recipe is also a perfect topping for pancakes, waffles and french toast! Mmmmmmm!