Prep: 25 mins
Cook: Low 5 hours, High 2 1/2 hours; plus 10 mins on High
Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut julienne style
- 3 medium carrots, cut julienne style
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 well-beaten egg
- Rice Noodles
- Can of French's Fried Onions
Place chicken in a 3 1/2 - 4 quart slow cooker. Stir in the chicken broth, water, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper, sweet red pepper, carrots and green onions. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
If using low-heat setting, increase to high-heat setting. Stir in sugar snap peas and spinach. Slowly pour in the well-beaten egg; stir gently. Cover and cook 10 minutes more.
Prepare rice noodles according to package.
Place noodles in bottom of bowl, fill with chicken soup and top with French's Fried Onions.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you cannot find rice noodles at your grocery store, substitute with angel hair pasta
- Tools of the Trade: How to Grate Ginger