Prep: 20 mins
Cook: Low 6 hours, High 3 hours
Serving Size: 6
Category: Soups & Stews
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts; cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups bias-sliced carrots
- 1 large onion; sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon grass paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 medium red pepper, orange pepper and yellow pepper; sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms; cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro; chopped
Combine chicken, broth, carrots, onion, ginger, garlic, lemon grass, crushed red pepper, mushrooms and sweet peppers in the crock.
Cover; cook on low-heat for 6-7 hours or on high-heat for 3-3.5 hours. If necessary, skim off fat.
Stir coconut milk and the fresh cilantro into the soup. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and top with more fresh cilantro.